1. The armature, about 6 ½" miniature sculpt.
2. Working on the under armature.
3. I like to do the upper body first, adding to the arms, then I smooth it over.
4. I like to play out the shape of the face before I attach, then details come out later.
5. Head is on and sculpting the neck. More clay add to the torso and hip area and arms smoothed out.
6. Details are made to back and rear, adding the legs now. I build up under the rear to make the thighs.
7. Adding more clay to torso, building up the chest and doing some shape to arms.
8. Adding to the legs, lots of smoothing.
9. Same to the backside, adding and smoothing.
10. Shaping and smoothing to torso, waist and things. No he will not be anatomically correct. lol
11. More details and smoothing.
12. And the back side as well.
13. Working on the feet now, I usually do the shape of the foot, attach, carve away excessive clay and add where it's needed.
14. Feet and hands are not my specialty but I make it work. :)
15. I always add a thicker wire in the legs. I usually do this before I sculpt the feet and shape the legs but it's been a long day. HAHA!!
16. More chest and face details.
29. I add mod podge to the paint for a glossy finish.
30. After the painting, I move on to the hair. This is brown tibetan lambs hair.
31. I add small sections at a time.
32. A little goes a long way.
37 - 40. Worked on the clothing and finished up with all the details.